Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pinterest Fail

Last night, I hung out in a blanket fort.  Of course, I'd researched on Pinterest the proper means to do so.  We ended up doing it wrong.  See, rather than hanging it from the ceiling and bringing pallets into the house, we grabbed a broom,  two kitchen chairs, about ten blankets and two Christmas tree poles.
Our blankets didn't match, and we didn't have twinkly lights for ambiance.  We however, had cats that thought it was a cave to claim.

We didn't pull a book in and curl up and read.  Instead, Samantha told me to scoot over because she didn't have room and her head was resting on the broom.  The Cat walked over my head. And then Sam started tickling me. I retaliated. My husband said we were being too loud.

Eventually, Autumn joined the fun climbing in, over the two of us, knocking the fort down, and sending us into giggles that made our sides hurt. We struggled out of the blankets, gasping for breath, laughing.  

We lay on the floor, the three of us, catching our breath.  I looked over at my husband, who just shook his head.

"Mom.  That was AWESOME. Can we do that again sometime?  Blanket forts are fun, especially when they fall on you." 

So, I may have failed on pinterest. But I rocked Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment